Sunday 15 April 2012

'I'll Sort you into houses, because that is what I'm for...'

The name Forever Hufflepuff isn't a normal blog title. Maybe for a blog completely about Harry Potter (which I think would be pretty awesome) but sadly this isn't one. I'm a Harry Potter obsessive but I wouldn't go as far to say as a massive freak, I don't dress up in robes and draw scars on my forehead as some people do on youtube (explore at your leisure, I would put a link to some funny ones but that could be seen as cyper bullying I guess). No, I love Harry and everything to do with Hogwarts and the whole wizarding world. Which led me to wonder which house I would potentially be sorted into, I'm sure many people have done the same. When I was younger I always thought Gryffindor was too obvious and everyone's favourite so I definitely preferred Ravenclaw. However, now I am older and I have realised the character traits you need to possess to be in each house I have realised where I truly belong. 
They only say all that so you don't feel bad. 
Gryffindors' are brave and bold, they are courageous and are willing to risk their own skin to save the world. I'm sorry but I don't think I'd ever go running after Voldermort as Harry does in nearly every book. Haven't you noticed Harry, this guy isn't your biggest fan, the only thing that will make him happy is killing you. Hmm not so much my scene.
Ravenclaws' are geniuses. Enough said.
Slytherins' are evil. I am officially far too nice for my own good so some how I don't think I'd fit in.
So that leaves Hufflepuff. When I came to this anti-climactic realisation, my heart sunk and I told some friends. Instead of them saying, 'Of course you're not a Hufflepuff Ally!' they all laughed and said 'That's obvious!'
So great. I did loads of sorting quizzes and all of them agreed. That's where I seem to be. The one J.K Rowling couldn't think any assets for.
Since then I've learnt to embrace it. Yes that house would be for me, I love my friends, meeting new people and when it comes to it I am hard working. And also it's a talking point; it's not as predictable as Gryffindor, people never feel threatened by a Hufflepuff. The characters in the books in the end are incredibly brave, half of the house volunteer to fight the deatheaters in The Deathly Hallows. I think there are far too many bad connotations with this house, they are good, strong and loyal and are prepared to work hard whatever the cost. I would rather be in Hufflepuff than all the others, any day. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment